We have partnerships with several garage door manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and dealers. The main distributor we deal with is SKAZ. Our secondary options are Safe-Way, GDS Door, Amarr, Clopay, CHI and Garaga. Between them, we are able to offer hundreds of garage door options for every budget.
SKAZ’s distribution centre is based in London, On.
Yes, we offer a warranty on all garage doors. Warranty information changes from model to model. Please download and read the brochure of each garage door model for more details.
However, generally, the average warranty is 6 years for garage door sections and all hardware except springs, which are 3 years.
We offer a 4 year warranty on all labour.
- Lubricate all moving parts, such as hinges and end bearing plates, using a multi-purpose lubricant, and coat torsion springs with regular grade machine or engine oil.
- Check for loose or missing fasteners. See warning concerning spring components under tension.
- Check moving parts for signs of wear. Pay close attention to end bearings, rollers, hinges and cables.
- Check track support system for loose parts.
- Check ease of door operation (if electrically operated, disconnect operator first). Note any binding or unusual noises. Doo should be well balanced and easy to open and close.
- Check for seal of door against jambs, header and floor.
- Check that all safety warning labels and tags are in place.
- To clean door exterior, wash with soap and water. Do not use a pressure washer, harsh chemicals or abrasives .
Our hours of of operation are Monday to Friday, 8-5. We observe statutory holidays.
An insulated garage door typically lasts 20-25 years, depending on how well it’s maintained. Non-insulated garage doors lasts 17-22 years.
Under average use, most garage door openers typically last around 20 years. The two primary factors that affect longevity are:
- How frequently they’re used.
- Garage door balance.
A garage door that is improperly balanced will stress the opener unnecessarily and cause it to fail prematurely.
You can significantly prolong the life of your garage door opener if your garage door is well balanced. Here are the steps for checking if your garage door is well balanced or not:
- If there is a garage door opener connected to the door, disconnect it.
- Lift the garage door by hand. An average adult should be able to open it fully with 1 hand. Also, the garage door should remain open in the middle if you let it go, and it should remain open when in the fully open position.
- Reconnect the opener.
If the door is not well balanced, then your garage door spring needs to be properly tensioned (or replaced) by a trained professional.
No, we only service garage doors and automatic openers.
We have been in business since 2009.
We service all of London, Ontario and surrounding area.
Yes we do have installation instructions. Click here to access a digital copy of the residential installation instructions.
You can replace just one or more section if needed. However, there are dozens of garage door manufacturers, and each one makes dozens of different models, none of which is interchangeable. Step 1 would be to figure out your make and model. There is usually a sticker on the inside of the garage door with this info. Once you have this info, Contact us for further assistance.
1 to 2 times a year should be sufficient. Most multi-purpose spray lubricants will work. Do not use WD-40 or any grease.
Once every 1-2 years should be sufficient, or at first sign of squeaking. For a belt drive opener, use low temperature lithium grease on the belt, particularly near the sprocket atop the motor head. Also grease the long black rail that stretches from the motor head to the wall in order to minimize friction between the trolley and the rail. For chain openers, you only need to grease the long black rail. Depending on humidity levels in the garage, it doesn’t hurt to spray anti-rust on the chain to prevent rust, although this is unnecessary most of the time.
No, at the moment we only service residential garage doors and automatic openers.
AA Advantage doors
Finalist for the 2014 BBB 17th annual integrity award. 1st Place winner of the 2017 Reader’s Choice Awards (Best Windows & Doors category). Nominated for the 2014 London Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Award. 1st place winner (Platinum) of the 2019 ‘CommunityVotes’ Award. ThreeBestRated.ca 2018, 2019 & 2020 top 3 garage door repair companies in London.